Friday 1st September 2023
Amser (Welsh Government funding co-ordinated by Carers Trust Wales) supports unpaid carers living in Wales to access personalised, flexible and creative short breaks. It will provide breaks that improve carer resilience and wellbeing and that support the sustainability of the carer's caring relationship.
Through Amser Carers Trust North Wales is delivering short break opportunities to unpaid carers in Anglesey, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd and Wrexham. We are delivering a mixed package of outings, groups and activities including:
• Trips for carers of people with cognitive impairment or dementia
• Trips for parent carers or siblings of children with additional needs
• A weekly group for carers of people with cognitive impairment or dementia
• A monthly group for male carers of people with cognitive impairment or dementia
• A monthly parent carer support group
• A young carers cookery group
• Microgrants to enable carers to access a break, eg spa day/meal out/night away
• Replacement care to enable a carer to enjoy a break of their choice
To access any of the short break options please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01492 542212 if you'd like more details on any of the above.
If you are applying for a microgrant, the application form can be downloaded here:
Microgrant Application Form
Please note that funding through Amser for short breaks is limited as the demand is high.
We want to provide the widest access possible to support unpaid carers to enjoy a short break in North Wales. Short breaks are available to any unpaid carer who is deemed eligible (proof of unpaid carer status may be required).
Please note, eligibility for support through Amser is not restricted by access to other benefits, such as Carers Allowance or any other means-tested benefit.
About Amser 2023-25
Funded by Welsh Government, Amser is part of the Short Breaks Scheme for unpaid carers and aims to enable 30,000 carers living in Wales to take a break from caring by 2025. For details of other projects delivered with Amser funding, please click here: Amser Projects in Wales